These services are provided by HF-Tel (a division of the Australian National 4WD Radio Network) allowing easy to use 'short-term' or 'long-term' radio-telephone facilities exclusive for VKS-737 Radio Network subscribers.
Direct Dial Radio-Telephone calls to any fixed or mobile telephone number within Australia is available for $13.20 per month and includes 10 minutes worth of calls.
The VKS-737 Radio Network can offer VKS-737 subscribers a Direct-Dial HF Radio-Telephone service to any telephone number within Australia:
- This service only works with Telcall equipped radios - SEE LIST BELOW
- For improved security, subscribers using Barrett 950 radios will be issued with a 4 digit “unlisted self ID” number while Barrett 2050, Codan 9323, Codan Envoy, Codan NGT and Icom F7000, F8100 & F8101 radios will be issued with a 6 digit “unlisted self ID” number.
Call Costs (as at September 2017):
- Calls are available for $13.20 per month which includes 10 minutes of calls per month.
- Calls in excess of 10 minutes per month are charged at $1.30 per minute *.
- There is a set-up fee of $13.20 for each booking.
Credit Card Surcharge:
- All Visa, MasterCard and American Express transactions incur a 1.5% processing fee.
- A Security Bond of $81.20 applies for all bookings to cover the cost of calls in excess of the booked monthly allowance.
- The Security Bond, less the cost of any excess telephone calls *, will be refunded at the end of the booking period.
- If the Security Bond be depleted by excess telephone calls before the end of the booking period the service will be terminated until an additional Security Bond is received.
Pre-payment of Excess Calls:
- Subscribers with anticipated high usage of the HF-Tel service may wish to “pre-pay” for additional calls or authorise automatic credit card deductions to cover the cost of ongoing calls (contact Head Office for details).
CONDITIONS OF USE
- The Radio-Telephone Service is provided by HF-Tel, a division of the Australian National 4WD Radio Network Inc. utilising facilities provided by VKS-737 Radio Network Base Stations.
- This service is only available to current subscribers of the VKS-737 Radio Network.
- Subscribers are offered the HF-Tel radio-telephone service only for the duration of the agreed booking period as specified, any unused pre-paid call charges will be forfeited at the end of the agreed booking period.
- This access allows subscribers 10 minutes of included calls per month (additional calls are charged at $1.30 per minute and are deducted from the Security Bond). Subscribers may “pre-pay” for additional calls or may authorise automatic credit card deductions for excess calls.
- HF-Tel assumes no responsibility for the use and operation of the subscriber’s radio equipment.
- Due to the nature of HF transmissions HF-Tel will not be responsible for variations in the transmission coverage by base stations.
- While HF-Tel will take all reasonable steps to make sure you receive access to the Radio-Telephone Service within our normal coverage areas we cannot guarantee that the service will not be free from faults or interruptions. Factors including network congestion, incorrect operation of radio transceiver, atmospheric conditions, or interference may result in the loss of the service in certain areas at certain times.
- HF-Tel will not be held responsible for call “dropouts” or any other faults occurring within the Telstra Network (our primary carrier) or any other carrier which is outside of our control.
- Radio-telephone calls must not be made on frequencies being used for regular Voice Call Skeds by any VKS-737 base station.
- Radio-telephone calls must not be made through VKS-737 base stations during a regular Voice Call Sked of that station regardless of the frequency being used for the radio-telephone call or the sked.
- Calls via base stations may be recorded for quality assurance.
- By using this service all subscribers to the HF-Tel system will become responsible for the correct disconnection of all calls at the completion of their transmission.
- If radio-telephone calls are not disconnected correctly the subscriber will be responsible for all call costs incurred.
- In the case of disputed usage the proof of actual usage shall be the computer systems logs from the individual base station equipment collaborated (where necessary) by Telecommunications provider accounts.
- HF-Tel reserves the right to suspend, restrict or disconnect any subscriber if the Security Bond is depleted by excess telephone calls before the end of the booking period. The service may be reinstated with the payment of an additional Security Bond or authorisation for automatic credit card deduction.
- HF-Tel reserves the right to suspend, restrict or disconnect any subscriber should the terms and conditions as set out above as well as those in DOC 21 – Conditions of use of the VKS-737 Radio Network not be adhered to.
- VKS-737 / HF-Tel reserves the right to vary these Conditions of Use as may be deemed necessary.
RADIO TYPES SUITABLE
|Barrett 250||NO||Ensure the radio is fitted with an RDD format Telcall EPROM. HF-Tel will NOT work with radios fitted with International, WA1 or WA2 format EPROM’s or selcall only EPROM’s.|
|Barrett 550||NO||Ensure the radio is fitted with an RDD format Telcall EPROM. HF-Tel will NOT work with radios fitted with International, WA1 or WA2 format EPROM’s or selcall only EPROM’s.|
|Barrett 950||4 DIGIT||Ensure HF-Tel frequencies are programmed to Selcall ID 2 (RDD format) HF-Tel will NOT work on channels programmed to International, WA1 or WA2 formats. Suggested channel programming and channel labels are: Channels 1 to 7 VKS-737 Ch. 1 to Ch. 7 Selcall ID 1 Channels 11 to 17 HF-Tel Ch.1 to Ch. 7 Selcall ID 2|
|Barrett 2050 Version 1||6 DIGIT||Radio Firmware must be current to Version 1.78 or later. Ensure that HF-Tel channels are programmed to Selcall ID 2 (OEM format) Ensure that 6 digit unlisted Telcall number is programmed into the radio. VKS-737 channels can be programmed with either Selcall ID 1 or 2 Suggested channel programming and channel labels are: Channels 1 to 7 VKS-737 Ch. 1 to Ch. 7 with Selcall ID 1 (International format). Channels 11 to 17 HF-Tel Ch. 1 to Ch. 7 with Selcall ID 2 (6 digit OEM format). HF-Tel calls can only be made on Channels 11 to 17.|
|Barrett 2050 Version 2.xx||6 DIGIT||Ensure that your VKS-737 Selcall number is programmed as Default OEM 1 Ensure that your unlisted HF-Tel Telcall number is programmed as Default OEM 2 Suggested channel programming and channel labels are: Channels 1 to 7 VKS-737 Ch. 1 to Ch. 7 with Default OEM 1 / OEM 2 6 digit Selcall as above VKS-737 and HF-Tel calls are made on the same channels.|
RADIO TYPES SUITABLE
|Codan 8528||NO||Normal subscriber Selcall number used for HF-Tel calls.|
|Codan 9323||6 DIGIT||VKS-737 channels must be programmed with normal 4 digit selcall number. Ensure that 6 digit “unlisted” Telcall self ID number is programmed into the radio on HF-Tel channels. Ensure that Selcall is set for 6 digit only not 4 digit compatible. Ensure that Telcall is set for “Codan” format not “RDD” format. Suggested channel programming and channel labels are: Channels 1 to 7 VKS-737 Ch. 1 to Ch. 7 with Selcall S1 (4 digit). Channels 11 to 17 HF-Tel Ch. 1 to Ch. 7 with Selcall S2 (6 digit).|
|Codan Envoy||6 DIGIT||Ensure that normal 4 digit selcall is programmed into VKS-737 and 6 digit unlisted selcall number is programmed into HF-Tel in radio profile. Ensure radio is fitted with Firmware Version 1.08 or later and programmed with Profile VKS-737 108-0 or later.|
|Codan NGT||6 DIGIT||Ensure that normal 4 digit selcall is programmed into VKS-737 and 6 digit unlisted selcall number is programmed into HF-Tel in radio profile. Ensure programmed to Australian Recreation Version 5.37, 5.38 or 5.39 with “Grouping” enabled.|
RADIO TYPES SUITABLE
ICOM, JENAL & Q-MAC
|Icom F7000 F8100 F8101||6 DIGIT||VKS-737 channels must be programmed with normal 4 digit selcall number, HF-Tel channels must be programmed with 6 digit unlisted selcall number.|
|Jenal SC2 & SC350 Microphone||NO||Normal subscriber Selcall number used for HF-Tel calls.|
|Q-Mac HF90||NO||Normal subscriber Selcall number used for HF-Tel calls.|